Yellowstone Capital Partners, LLC is a Merchant Bank based in Houston and New York. Founded in 1993, it is a private investment company and family office focused on acquiring and investing in small-to-medium sized businesses.
Yellowstone makes its acquisitions and investments employing both a majority investor "buyout" approach, as well as a venture capital/minority investment model.
- We mainly use our own capital and strategically include others
- We rely on existing management and industry operating partners as 'added value investors' in a leading role
- We believe in capital commitments and equity incentives by/for our portfolio companies’ management teams in order to lead and think as owners
As a lead, majority investor, Yellowstone's primary objectives are to:
- Sponsor proven, entrepreneurial-minded management teams
- Provide the necessary resources to grow
- Unconstrained by lengthy approval process, or a predetermined fund life, we have the flexibility to make decisions and structure transactions quickly and efficiently to create value and time our opportunistic exits
Yellowstone is pursuing acquisitions of established companies with the following characteristics:
- Revenues of $10-50 million in revenues for stand-alone acquisitions
- Positive cash flows and stable operating margins
- Differentiated business
- Competitive advantage
- Basic management team in place and /or viable transition by seller
Focus & Current Investment Platforms
YCP focuses on the lower middle market for its buyouts with a strong focus on providing additional resources to help Management execute their business plan.
Branded Food and Beverage Companies
management buyout special situations
YCP provides bridge and equity financing, supporting a management team's buyout of distressed and recapitalized businesses.
YEllowstone energy ventures
Early stage investment in energy technology.
YCP acts as a lead investor for mezzanine finance or structured note placement to fund organic growth and for add-on acquisition financing.
YEllowstone life sciences
Early Stage investments in medical devices and life science companies.